Quinoa is a brilliant, tasty grain, packed with both protein and fibre – and it’s also gluten-free.
Nutty and fluffy, it’s a great alternative to rice, served with chicken or fish, or livened up with simple, fresh ingredients to make a satisfying salad.
Here’s how to cook Quinoa:
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water to remove its bitter flavor
- Tip into a pan and add double the amount of salted water
- Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil
- Reduce to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed
- Fluff it up with a fork, then pimp it