Munich is the capital city of Bavaria State in Germany. Within the city limits, Munich has a population of more than 1.5 million, making it the third-most populous city in Germany after Berlin and Hamburg. Munich, located at the river Isar in the south of Bavaria, is famous for its beautiful architecture, fine culture, and the annual Oktoberfest beer celebration. The Oktoberfest is the world’s largest Volksfest (beer festival and travelling funfair) and is a 16- to 18-day folk festival running from mid or late September to the first weekend in October.
Many travelers to Munich are absolutely stunned by the quality of the architecture. Although it was heavily damaged by allied bombing during World War II, many of its historic buildings have been rebuilt and the city center appears mostly as it did in the late 1800s including its largest church, the Frauenkirche, and the famous city hall (Neues Rathaus).
The ten proposed activities and attractions are:
- Marienplatz (Central Square in the city centre of Munich, Germany. It has been the city’s main square since 1158).
- Neue Rathaus (The New Town Hall is a magnificent neo-gothic building which architecturally dominates the north side of Munich’s Marienplatz).
- Englischer Garten (One of the largest urban parks in the world, is located right in the city centre)
- Frauenkirche (The largest church in Munich, is an impressive Gothic style church which is undoubtedly one of the most famous landmark in the city of Munich. Its impressive domed twin towers rising a hundred meters into the sky can be seen from miles around).
- Asam Church (A baroque church built from 1733 to 1746 by the brothers, sculptor Egid Quirin Asam, and painter Cosmas Damian Asam)
- Hellabrunn Zoo (The spacious, wooded grounds resemble the animals’ natural habitats).
- BMW (The BMW Welt, plant and museum represents the internationally unique BMW world of experience.)
- Nymphenburg Palace (A Baroque palace which was the main summer residence of the former rulers of Bavaria).
- Viktualienmarkt (A daily food market and a square in the center of the city).
- Olympiapark & Olympic Tower (A nice place to walk in a beautiful park setting. Enjoy an amazing city view from the top of Olympic Tower).